Connecting multiple Bluetooth speakers to your Windows laptop can be a great way to enhance your audio experience.
Whether you’re listening to music, playing video games or watching movies, a good sound system will boost your enjoyment.
Fortunately, thanks to some handy apps or multi-connect Bluetooth speakers, it’s easier than ever to connect two or more Bluetooth speakers together for an immersive surround-sound experience.
In this article, we’ll explain how you can easily set up multiple Bluetooth speakers on Windows 10 and 11 laptops in just a few simple steps. We’ll also take a look at a couple of the best apps available that make connecting two Bluetooth speakers even simpler. So let’s get started!
Can I Connect Multiple Bluetooth Speakers to My Laptop?
To connect multiple Bluetooth speakers to your laptop, you’ll need speakers with a multi-connect feature. This is the easiest way to connect multiple Bluetooth speakers to a laptop running Windows 10 or 11.
You can easily achieve this with popular Bluetooth speaker brands such as JBL, Bose, Sony or Altec Lansing, to mention a few.
If your speakers don’t have a multi-connect feature, you can still connect two Bluetooth speakers to your Windows laptop by using an app. The app allows you to connect two speakers to your laptop, simultaneously.
How to use Two Bluetooth Speakers at the Same Time on Windows 10 or 11
If you have two Bluetooth speakers of the same brand, this is how to connect them to a Windows laptop:
- Open Windows search and type Bluetooth.
- Select Bluetooth & Devices.
- Now click Add Device and select Bluetooth.
- Choose your Bluetooth device from the menu and select connect.
- Now pair your Bluetooth speakers with each other by using their multi-connect button.
- Both speakers should now be paired and able to play music from your laptop.
Alternately, you can connect your Bluetooth speakers to Windows 10 or Windows 11 through an app. We have instructions for two different apps below.
This is the way to go if you want to pair two sets of headphones, earbuds or Bluetooth speakers from different brands.
Free Apps to Connect Two Bluetooth Speakers
The best two free apps for connecting two Bluetooth speakers to a Windows laptop are Virtual Audio Cable and Voicemeeter.
Virtual Audio Cable is a virtual audio device that allows you to run multiple instances for additional outputs, while Voicemeeter is an audio mixer app that lets you control and mix audio sources.
Both apps are easy to use and provide great sound quality when connecting two Bluetooth speakers, giving you dual audio on your laptop. Additionally, both apps offer various customization options, so you can tailor your setup according to your needs.
Virtual Audio Cable
Follow these instructions to connect two Bluetooth audio devices to your laptop, so you can play music through them at the same time.
- Head to the Virtual Audio Cable (VAC) website.
- Click on download at the top of the screen. Select trial or lite depending on your needs. The lite version will work fine for two Bluetooth speakers.
- Open the file to install the software.
- Once installed, open your sound settings and select Line One as your audio output.
- Start two instances of the software. Run the second one as administrator.
- In each box, under wave out, select the audio device you want to use. You should have a different Bluetooth speaker selected for each instance.
- Now start playing your music. It should play from each speaker.
- If you experience any problems, refer to their handy troubleshooting guide.
When we tested this software, we were able to achieve audio from three Bluetooth speakers with a little tweaking.
It is supposed to be able to support even more audio outputs, but there may be issues due to hardware restrictions.
This is the second app we tested, and it’s the easier one to use, in our opinion. Voicemeeter will give you dual audio capabilities on your laptop with Windows 10 or 11.
Follow the instructions below to get it set up.
- Download Voicemeeter from their website. There are three options to choose from: Standard, Banana and Potato. We used the standard version for our tests.
- Open the zip file you downloaded and double-click the icon inside the folder.
- Click install on the installer box that pops up.
- Once the installation finishes, a pop-up will appear asking you to reboot your system. If everything on your laptop is saved, click Ok and reboot your computer.
- When your laptop has rebooted, go into your sound output settings and select Voicemeeter input.
- Now start the Voicemeeter app and select your desired Bluetooth speakers you want to use via hardware out, which is located at the top right of the app. There are two outputs, A1 and A2: select a different speaker from each menu.
- Now play your music and enjoy the audio from both of your Bluetooth speakers.
Out of the two apps for connecting two Bluetooth speakers to your Windows laptop, we found Voicemeeter the most user-friendly and reliable.
And, there are numerous other features that you may find of use too.
How Many Bluetooth Devices can be Connected to a Windows Computer at Once?
If you’re using other Bluetooth devices and still want to connect more than one speaker, you shouldn’t have any problems.
Windows 10 and 11 can have an almost unlimited amount paired and allow up to 7 devices being actively connected at one time.
Connecting multiple Bluetooth speakers to your Windows laptop is a great way to get the sound you want. Whether it’s for gaming or music, having two speakers can enhance your listening experience.
We recommend using either Virtual Audio Cable or Voicemeeter, as these apps provide an easy and reliable connection between your Windows laptop and Bluetooth speakers. Since Windows 10 and 11 being able to support up to 7 devices connected at once, you don’t have to worry about too many connections – you can still use your mouse and keyboard, game controller or other devices as well.
Now that you know how to connect multiple Bluetooth speakers with Windows laptops, why not give it a try?
You’ll be happy hearing the difference!