5 Best Paddle Board Speakers for Paddle Boards
Are you looking to rock the waves on your paddle board with some sweet tunes?
You could always slap on a pair of headphones and enjoy your own personal jam session…
or you could go all out and invest in the best waterproof speakers around!
We’ve done the research so that you don’t have to, and we were able to narrow down the list to share our picks for the five best speakers made specifically for your SUP (stand-up paddle boarding) adventures.
Get ready to rave – it’s time to upgrade your paddleboard setup!
The Best Bluetooth Speakers for Paddle Boarding
These five speakers won’t let you down. They have everything you need for your SUP.
- Able to float
- Loud enough
- Good battery life
We’re an Affiliate
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you, if you use our links, we really appreciate it!
1. OontZ SUP Speaker – Purpose-built special edition for paddle boarding
- Custom mount available for a SUP
- Long battery life
- Hands-free calling
- Microphone not the best
2. JBL Flip 6
- Water and dustproof
- Great sound
- JBL PartyBoost
- It may be harder to secure
3. Rockville Rock Everywhere
- SD card for extra music
- Battery level light
- Only IPX6
4. Braxus Ridge-XR solar-powered
- Dual pair stereo sound
- Magnetic mount
- Slow charging with solar
5. Altec Lansing LifeJacket Jolt
- Has a light
Guide: Choosing Your Paddle Board Waterproof Speaker
Here’s a brief outline of the features to look for if you’re shopping for a SUP Bluetooth speaker to use on your paddle board.
- Check the IPX water protection rating. If the speaker isn’t waterproof, there’s no point in further consideration. A speaker with an IPX7 protection rating is a good idea. Also, check whether the speaker is capable of floating.
- A Bluetooth speaker that is lightweight is nice, since you’ll want to avoid unbalancing your board while you’re navigating the waves.
- A loud wireless speaker is a good way to go. One that delivers distortion-free sound at high volume is always better and will produce better sound at lower levels too.
- Consider long battery life with any speaker you choose. It should be able to provide you with at least 8 hours of playtime from a single charge, which will be plenty for a trip out on your paddle board.
- Think about how you’re going to secure your Bluetooth speaker to your paddle board. If you want to use a portable speaker on inflatable paddle boards, be aware that some mounting options may not work too well. You might need a super-strong suction cup mount, so the speaker stays mounted.
Mounts for a SUP Speaker
There are plenty of mounting options out there to pick from. A few of these include:
- Bungee tie downs
- OontZ Bracket for boards and sups
- GoPro mounts or similar
- RAM Mounts for sups
All five of our selected waterproof speakers can easily be mounted to your SUP using one of these mounting options. Select your favorite one, attach it to your SUP, and you’re all set for your next paddle.
FAQs about Speakers for Water Use
Here are some of the most common questions that people ask about using portable speakers when out on the water.
Can you put a waterproof speaker in water?
If a Bluetooth speaker is waterproof, then it can go into the water. A waterproof speaker should have a minimum rating of IPX7 when there is a high chance of it being submerged in water.
What is the advantage of a wireless speaker?
This question has many answers, but the most important one is that a wireless Bluetooth speaker allows you to move freely without worrying about cords or cables.
Another great advantage is being able to take your music with you when you go for a paddle out on the water. And, when you’re done, you can take your portable speaker with you to your next big adventure.
Will Bluetooth speakers work on paddle boards?
Look for waterproof Bluetooth speakers that are rated for water use, then you’ll be able to use them on your board.
A speaker that has a minimum rating of IPX7 will work good, and you will be able to enjoy your music while out on the water. All the brands we’ve recommended in this article can provide you with this, except one, which is still good with an IPX6 rating.
If you’re heading out on the water for a full, action-packed day with friends on your SUP boards, having a waterproof Bluetooth speaker with you is the perfect way to make your outing even more enjoyable.
With the right speaker, you can take your sound and entertainment wherever you go. It doesn’t matter whether it’s paddling on paddle boards or rowing in kayaks—the right speaker will make a huge difference for your experience!
Pick one of our tried and tested waterproof speakers, and you can be sure that you’ll have plenty of sound wherever life takes you!
So, just select the one that offers you the features you want, and don’t forget to take it with you on your next water adventure.
It’ll be worth it! We hope you enjoy your next paddle.